We live what we teach
At Slow Farm, we only teach subjects we love so much that we're putting them into action within our own lives. Whether we're co-facilitating permaculture design courses or providing training for community groups, we're passing on the training and expertise we've received through our own mentors together with the experience we've developed along the way,
- Introduction to biochar making
- Soil care and approaches to composting
- Backyard chook basics and advanced poultry care
- Small herb gardens for wellness
- Build your own herb spiral
- Pruning fruit and nut trees
- Permaculture design*
- Additional topics by negotiation
* Permaculture design: From 2015-2020, we offered permaculture design courses through RECAP, generally co-leading the course with support from additional specialist instructors. We are not currently offering full permaculture design courses or other courses requiring significant advance preparation, coordination, and lengthy commitments.
We may offer day-long permaculture design workshops in 2022, depending on regulations around face-to-face gatherings. We encourage those interested to contact RECAP and ask to join their mailing list. We also welcome co-instruction within courses coordinated by others.
Training for community groups
Organisational sustainability matters too. Do your group's resources fit your outreach? Do your volunteers and employees feel nourished and renewed in their work? Do your outcomes contribute to a sustainable community?
Standard workshops for community organisations include:
- Action learning and action research
- Facilitation methods
- Data collection and story-telling for clients, funders, and other audiences
We welcome inquiries about customised workshops.