Useful links for site assessment - for students
Phil & I will be referring to several links in the 15 February landscape and site assessment module of our permaculture design course. These will be discussed in more depth in class, and described briefly on handouts. They're also collected below to streamline online use.
This blog post has been written with our students in mind, without explanation.
Many of the link addresses are likely to change in time.
- University of Oregon sun path charts
- NIWA solar energy charts and tables
- NIWA regional annual climate maps
- Landcare Research Institute maps portal
- earth ≡ (temp, wind, waves, currents, particulates, all in real time)
Contour survey review
- Hannah Moloney's helpful blog post on finding contours -- reviews class exercises (water levels & A-frames) plus illustrates laser levels