Community and Social Research
Our social research services include:
- action research (project and research design, team leadership or facilitation, and reporting),
- interviews and focus groups,
- mini-ethnographies of organisations and groups,
- community strengths assessment,
- reviews of academic literature.
During an interlude in her work in community development, Director Sharon Stevens, PhD, worked as a university Senior Lecturer with research emphases in sustainability, social change, and environmental communication. Her peer reviewed publications address collaborative land management, science communication in environmental politics, the role of community food initiatives in social change, education, the discourse of ecosystem services, and more. She is available for research that is likely to contribute to positive social change.